David Moyes insists that it is 'more than likely' he will wait until the end of the season before deciding whether or not to extend his tenure as manager of Everton.
The Scot has been at the helm at Goodison Park for almost 11 years and is currently preparing for an FA Cup 5th round tie at Oldham as well as the Premier League run-in as he looks to guide Everton into the top four for the first time since 2005. The Toffees' boss says he wants to wait and see how his side perform in both competitions before assessing his future:
"I want to see how we do in the cups, I want to see how we do in the league, and it's more than likely I won't make a decision until the end of the season," he said. "I'll give as much as I can, but I've said - and I've spoken with the chairman - that I want to see how the team does."
With the Chelsea job expected to be up for grabs in the summer it may be a worry for Everton fans that their manager could be tempted away by the London club, but having enjoyed fantastic stability with the Blue half of Merseyside it may come to a shock to Moyes' system should be choose to join forces with Roman Abramovic come the end of the season.
Moyes has also in the past expressed an interest in working in the Bundesliga, and should he leave Everton there will surely be plenty of offers from around Europe to take on a manager who many believe could have achieved so much more without the financial restrictions placed upon him.
Labels:
David Moyes,
England News,
Everton,
News,
Premier League
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment